Sunday 7 March 2010

THE COW



The second of my blogs is going to be my first of I hope many restaurant reviews and todays is dedicated to the best kept secret in Notting Hill. The Cow in Westbourne park road is the sort of place that half of me wants to shout about and the other half wants to keep to myself so that it can be mine! Its exterior calls you in - not pretentious and incredibly inviting and the interior is chic with a little bit of shabby but defiantly not shabby chic. I have to admit I didn't venture upstairs to the dining room but stayed snugly downstairs in the bar or saloon as its called. The service was quick and my Virgin Mary was the perfect mix. The joy of the cow is not the décor although its heaven but the fantastic menu, cockles and crab nussle next to the more traditional bangers and mash and lamb shank. As we were waiting for someone and starving we ordered a pint of prawns which came with a doorstop of freshly baked bread, it was just the thing to fend off the hunger pangs. Once we were a complete team I ordered my bangers and mash and waited with eager anticipation having seen the other diners tucking in around me. I was not disappointed. The mountain of mash was topped with 3 deliciously crispy sausages and smothered in caramelized onions with gravy dripping from all sides. The fish stew which was the most popular dish round the table was brimming with fish of all types and the small bit I was allowed to taste tasted like a winter walk on a beach. Although the pudding s looked like they had fallen out of a cook book I refrained having rather over indulged throughout the weekend and knew that the cinema pick and mix was beckoning. The Cow is the perfect venue for meeting friends, parents, a date, an anniversary, or frankly just you and your favourite book. Any excuse you can think of use it and go.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment